AV Geeks
Five amigos once thrown together in Hippieville...
Now, we're fighting evil in the desert, on the prairie and in the city.
Sure, we're the glorified AV geeks of local news... but we're much much cooler.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Jump...Back to the Future

Ok, time for the "big", "major" announcement. My station has just bought me a new camera. It looks just like any other camera except.........



It has a great lens along with a color LCD screen that can be flipped out and around



Oh....did I mention that it is the New High Definition Sony XDCAM.......that is 16:9 HD



How about the fact that I no longer will use tapes but instead re-writable DVD disk drives. Which allows me to create all kinds of cool stuff like loadable clip lists and the ability to edit any clip through the camera, plus alot of cool other features. My favorite being manual on the fly white balancing.



My station is in the process of converting everything to HD. We will be one of two stations in the country(not including Network) switching entirely to this format. I've been dying to tell you guys but I had to wait until they announced it formally.

What do you think? Cool, huh.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home