Election Night
I'm sure all of you had about the same experience with Election Night as I did. I was posted at the Republican candidates headquarters, along with four other crews from my station. Not to mention the crews from the other stations.
The plan was to have each crew focus on a single candidate. Well that plan quickly failed because those damn Republicans decided not to come down to the party until the VERY end of the night. So we all just stood around for hours. I manned the live shot camera most of the night, so I was hearing all the Democrats giving live interviews through my IFB, and when they would toss to us, we had nothing to say about anything happening.
I ended up getting home at around 2am. At least I got lots of OT
The plan was to have each crew focus on a single candidate. Well that plan quickly failed because those damn Republicans decided not to come down to the party until the VERY end of the night. So we all just stood around for hours. I manned the live shot camera most of the night, so I was hearing all the Democrats giving live interviews through my IFB, and when they would toss to us, we had nothing to say about anything happening.
I ended up getting home at around 2am. At least I got lots of OT


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home