AV Geeks
Five amigos once thrown together in Hippieville...
Now, we're fighting evil in the desert, on the prairie and in the city.
Sure, we're the glorified AV geeks of local news... but we're much much cooler.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

GUESS WHAT'S BACK?!

my lens is back!
In case you missed it, about three months ago I was walking through a landscaped area around Hayward Field, when I suddenly tripped on a tree root that was poking out of the ground, sending me crashing to the earth in a thundering heap. As I fell to the ground, I attempted the "aircraft carrier landing" technique for saving the camera...i.e. let it glide to the ground flat on his base. That didn't work in this case though...mostly because the landscaped area was riddled with many giant rocks poking out of the ground. So my lens crash landed into one of those rocks, tweaking it a bit. Basically, the focus ring wouldn't turn. So...the most wonderful lens a man could ask for, which shoots at this super-extra wide angle when pulled all the way out, was out for the count. After much lobbying and arguing, I managed the convince the powers that be to pay to fix the lens. $1200 dollars and three months later, I got my lens back, which I will now treat like the Holy Grail.
my lens is back!
The fatty-wide shot is back, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home