AV Geeks
Five amigos once thrown together in Hippieville...
Now, we're fighting evil in the desert, on the prairie and in the city.
Sure, we're the glorified AV geeks of local news... but we're much much cooler.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wash it all away

For the last two days we have recieved rain. Yes it rains, here! We are getting record amounts of rain. It is causing all sorts of problems.




Like wet streets. People can't drive on dry streets in this city. I don't think they will be able to handle the rain.



Rain gear is getting used. Working in Oregon we all know how essential it is to have rain gear. This set is nice. It has zippers, velcro, and flaps...good stuff. I had to give a quick lesson to a few photogs who have never even thought of using it before. It was amazing....you may have thought I was describing how to build a flux capacitor. "It seems a bit of a hassle," says a photog, "I'll just use this plastic bag." Lazy asshole!



Also flooding! It rains for less than half a hour and giant rivers will form washing over everything. This was a natural wash, all this water was flowing into a detention basin built to collect water when it floods. Of course we lead the news with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home