AV Geeks
Five amigos once thrown together in Hippieville...
Now, we're fighting evil in the desert, on the prairie and in the city.
Sure, we're the glorified AV geeks of local news... but we're much much cooler.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

One thing you don't say on TV

Interviews are important in the TV biz. You need them. The bigger the better! So when I was told that I was doing a sit down interview with Laura Bush (That's right, Mrs. Dumass), I took it seriously.

It was a 2 camera shoot, lots of lights, and we even used a shotgun mic on a c- stand! The location was the performing arts center where she was giving some speech in front of a large red, white, and blue banner with some stupid 3 word slogan on it. I think it read "Helping America's Youth". You can't disagree with that, can you.

So, it's 7:30 am. Setup's done, and we go downstairs to get credentials.



White House Press Pool... Hell Yeah, I'm keeping this one!

anyway. It was at the credential table that i found out that there had been an "incident" back at the station. Apparently someone said something on air... blah blah blah... and the White House might be pulling the plug on the interview. I replied, "Huh?"

So I hit up the breakfast bar. and it sucked. So while I was sipping on something that tasted like Tang, I got the text message that said "Interview canceled, come back."

So to make a long story short(er)... a former co-worker of mine:

by the name of Lynn Huston, not to be confused with this guy:



apparently said on live TV that "Laura Bush has been very very concerned about youth issues, and one of the reasons for that is she's had some personal issues... uh... Her daughter, and the drinking incident, and as well as her niece Noel Bush... uh... Jeb Bush's daughter with the prescription drug problem... uh... "

It just so happened that the First Lady's press secretary was watching. He called our ND.

Needless to say, we're looking for another reporter.

At least our interview would have looked kickass:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Mr KR said…

    Holy shit! Will douche bag reporters never learn? If you're going to diss a Bush for alcohol and drug problems, and get fired for it, you might as well go after big-daddy-Bush...G-Dub himself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home