AV Geeks
Five amigos once thrown together in Hippieville...
Now, we're fighting evil in the desert, on the prairie and in the city.
Sure, we're the glorified AV geeks of local news... but we're much much cooler.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Vegas Runs


Run to the Casinos

Run to the Clubs

Run from the Cops

People run in Vegas

Today was the 2nd Annual NEW Las Vegas Marathon. Strangest marathon I've seen. The Strip was closed. Runners stopping to get married at mile 5. Running Elivi ( plural for Elivis).

My station aired it live this morning. I guess it was very difficult. My day was also difficult. I covered two separate stories wrapped around the marathon. One was a marriage proposal at the finish line. The other was a 64 year old woman walking the full marathon, it was only a few years ago that she couldn't even walk at all.

What made it tough? She refused to stop. We had to interview her as she walked, and she wasn't walking slow. You try walking backwards at full speed with a large camera on your shoulder for a mile and a half.

In all, it looked like a lot of fun. I might start training to run it next year.

Do you know what day it is tomorrow? Huh, huh. Do you?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home