AV Geeks
Five amigos once thrown together in Hippieville...
Now, we're fighting evil in the desert, on the prairie and in the city.
Sure, we're the glorified AV geeks of local news... but we're much much cooler.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Future Looks Bright!!

Last week I went to NAB for the first time. I always wanted to got to this convention, but I never had the money to pay for the pass. Well.... since I work in L.V., and my station is right down the street, we got free passes to attend the convention.




I was awesome! I saw alot of cool things. Way too many to explain in a simple post. I'll just give you a quick rundown. Sony, Panasonic, Avid, and Apple were the places to be. Apple was giving Final Cut Studio 2 demos. That editing system is amazing! You can edit multiple layers of HD video right along Standard Def video without any problems. It can color enhance ANYTHING!! Avid showed off their new system, which didn't look as good as Apple.

Sony and Panasonic were all about HD this year. Panasonic with their P2, and Sony showing their manily versions of XDCAM.



I wasn't too impressed with all the XDCAM demos, since I work with this equipment daily. It's FREAKING AWESOME!!!! Are you jealous? Well you should be!

In all NAB was super cool. I didn't have enough time to see everything. I'll try again next year.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Mr KR said…

    Next year, I'm going. I haven't figured out how yet, but I'm going to talk the company into sending me. I WANNA GO SO BAD!!!!!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    #1 take me with guapo. #2 when are the media oulets going to learn that apple programs and hardware are the way to go. They seldom fail and are very user friendly.It may cost more in the short term but you save in long run by not having a tech come by every other day to fix it. AVID and the hardware it runs on SUCKS ASS!!!! Just ask Univision and KPIX in SF.

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Mr KR said…

    don't ever use the words AVID and sucks in the same sentence again!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    AVID+WINDOWS=SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Let me revise what I said. Avid is like the pretty girl everyone is ogling at the prom. She tells you she'll go with you but only if you spend lots of money on her. Your so excited that you trade in that old dne 700 chick with the head gear who wont stop calling, you don't care how much it's going to cost. So you have a great time and she ask's if she can come over and "work on some projects with you". You say oh boy and head on home and after a few glasses of grand spumantee and albums worth of NWA you head up to the bedroom or whatever. So your ready to get down and she takes of her you know what and in horror you notice she has dude junk. YES dude junk. I guess what I'm trying to say no matter how pretty a program looks, you still don't know what you getting if the hardware sucks.

    P.S. for all those female readers just change the sex of the date.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Mr KR said…

    I...uh...I...uh...wow.

    I feel dirty after reading that. New rule...don't ever use the words dude and junk in the same sentence again. It sounds yuk.

    ps: the DNE 700 chick may be kind of ugly, but she can be magical when she takes her head gear out...if you know what i mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home