AV Geeks
Five amigos once thrown together in Hippieville...
Now, we're fighting evil in the desert, on the prairie and in the city.
Sure, we're the glorified AV geeks of local news... but we're much much cooler.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cue the Creppy Music

I came to work this week to discover a new addition to the newsroom. Can you spot it?



How about the giant creepy Tiki man statue standing near the conference room


No one knows where it came from. Or how it got there. If the Brady Bunch taught us anything, then this has to be bad mojo. Only thing left to do is.....


Pray to the idol god!
On a completely other note, I was surfing that world wide web thingy and discovered this blog entry:

Wow, I guess blogging isn’t just for talking about Britney or TomKat’s baby. It is also not authored exclusively by dorks. Anyone who wants to fight about it, post a comment—make my day. Bloggers aren’t freaks. Period.

The first person I knew who started a blog was Kash Cashell, formerly a videographer at a local news station. He was bored at work one day and was getting a major, crazy sugar-high off of a Costco bag of gummy bears. He decided he loved the gummy bears so much that he would make a blog about loving gummy bears. It was really popular.

Please realize that I will not be writing about gummy bears, but that was my first experience reading a blog. If it still exists, I will link it up. There are also cool blogs that the videographers at the station did about the trials and tribulations of working for a news station. Their blog is hilarious. I will definitely add a link to it when I find it.

When my boyfriend started disappearing in our home-office/ disorganized junk-hole every night to check new posts on the avgeeks.com site, I knew blogging had hit the mainstream. There are even short blogs on his myspace account—and he hates to write.

It goes on from there, but the point is I think we've at least have one fan. YES!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Mr KR said…

    You realize that is Ned's girlfriend, don't you?

    As for the Tiki statue...you have no choice. You have to quit your job. It's the only safe thing to do in this highly dangerous situation. I can put in a good word for you at Channel 3, if you need. Remember Peter Brady, Dusty. Remember.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Dusty Bottoms said…

    Yeah I know who wrote it, but I still thought it was funny that we at least entertained one other person other than ourselves.

    As for Channel 3, why would I want to work there? They don't even have a flag football team. 0-5 Ocho Ojo rocks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home