Crane
In the past two weeks I've been to Tulsa, have gone to three weddings, have covered a beheaded cat, some rain and a very important sidewalk story, and have reread Harry Potter book 5 and am almost done with 6. (I've got to be ready for 7 coming out on Saturday) I also went to see the 5th Harry Potter movie at midnight when it came out. So as you can see... I'm quite busy and important.
The coolest thing that has happened at work recently, besides the sidewalk story, was the live music on the plaza on Friday. The engineers set up two robotic cameras outside, and also brought out the old crane cam.

That's my chief there using it. It's nothing fancy, but it is fun to run. During the two week state fair coming up next month, someone is assigned to run the crane for every show for a whole day. I'm hoping to grab that shift a couple times. Imagine... Sit outside. Fair food. 3 half hours of news to worry about. I think I would enjoy that.

I'd also like to point out again how awesome it is to work downtown. Things like this just seem to happen out the back door. They recently renovated the plaza just so we could do stuff like this.
I'm headed to beer country tonight - the good town of Madison, WI, it's been perfect weather for a week, and it's my birthday on Saturday. I love Minnesota summers.
The coolest thing that has happened at work recently, besides the sidewalk story, was the live music on the plaza on Friday. The engineers set up two robotic cameras outside, and also brought out the old crane cam.

That's my chief there using it. It's nothing fancy, but it is fun to run. During the two week state fair coming up next month, someone is assigned to run the crane for every show for a whole day. I'm hoping to grab that shift a couple times. Imagine... Sit outside. Fair food. 3 half hours of news to worry about. I think I would enjoy that.

I'd also like to point out again how awesome it is to work downtown. Things like this just seem to happen out the back door. They recently renovated the plaza just so we could do stuff like this.
I'm headed to beer country tonight - the good town of Madison, WI, it's been perfect weather for a week, and it's my birthday on Saturday. I love Minnesota summers.

3 Comments:
At 10:17 AM,
Mr KR said…
Have any of you noticed our blog is coming up on its TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
We rule.
At 11:15 AM,
Dusty Bottoms said…
Really?? Which day??
Here's the mission if we choose to accept it. ON the Anniverasry date everyone MUST post a blog from that day. Only one pic so it has to be good. Guapo get on Ned. Make sure he knows. Someone tell the new guy. Lucky you can put Potter down for 20 seconds. Come on, Amigos! We need to celebrate!
At 12:59 PM,
Lucky Day said…
It's July 28th - 2 Saturdays from now. Are there rules to this day?
Does the photo need to be taken on the 28th? I think yes.
Any particular subject?
Words and a photo like usual, or should the photo be self explanatory?
Post a Comment
<< Home